Access to and use of the website located at www.citvasia.com (the “Site”) is provided by AETN All Asia Networks Pte Ltd (“AAAN”) subject to the following terms:
1. By using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the Site.
2. AAAN may change these terms at any time by posting changes on the Site. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by AAAN. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of the Site
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Site content requires the prior written permission of AAAN
4. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. The Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to AAAN, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided on an ‘as available’ basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will AAAN be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Site regardless of the form of action.
7. AAAN does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The appearance, availability, or your use of URLs or hyperlinks referenced or included anywhere on the Site or any other form of link or re-direction of your connection to, with or through the Site, does not constitute an endorsement by, nor does it incur any obligation, responsibility or liability on the part of, AAAN or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors or suppliers. AAAN does not verify, endorse, or have any responsibility for any such third party sites, nor for any goods or services associated with or obtained in connection with any such site. If any third party site obtains or collects personally identifiable information from you, in no event shall AAAN assume or have any responsibility or liability. Please read our Privacy Statement, which describes how AAAN collects and uses your personal information.
9. The names, images and logos identifying AAAN or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of AAAN and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of AAAN or any other third party.
Contributions to the Site
11. Further to clause 10, by submitting your contribution to the Site, you:
11.1 warrant that your contribution;
11.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to AAAN for all the purposes specified above;
11.1.2 is not defamatory; and
11.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
11.2 indemnify AAAN against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by History as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
11.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
The Community Rules
12. We require each user to have a unique user name and password combination in order to use the features and functions of the Site and we may, from time to time, also provide users with additional codes or passwords necessary to perform certain functions on the Site. Please read our Privacy Statement, which describes how we collect and use your personal information. You will then choose a user name and password (or we may assign an initial password which we will give you the option to change). Your user name and password are personal to you and you may not allow any others to use your user name or password under any circumstances. We are not liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your user name or password, disclosure of your user name or password, or your authorization anyone else to use your user name or password. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of (or activity using) your user name or password or any other need to deactivate your user name or password due to security concerns. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to register and provide us with certain information about you ("User Information"), in order for us to allow you to use the features and functions of the Site, including chat rooms, message boards, electronic mail services, messaging services, registration and member profile pages.
It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us. Please read our Privacy Statement, which describes how AAAN collects and uses your personal information. Minors are required to have parental or legal guardian consent to register as a member of this Site, unless otherwise stated under the minor's applicable jurisdictional laws.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
We have the right to disclose your User Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining services on the Site. We respect the privacy of the contents of users' e-mail and messages (collectively, "Messages"); however, we reserve the right to monitor, edit or disclose any information about your use of the services on the Site and/or such contents, if we believe such action is required by law or is necessary to protect and defend our rights, to enforce this agreement, or to protect the interests of our members and others.
The amount of storage space per user is limited. Some Messages may not be processed due to space constraints or outbound message limitations. We assume no responsibility for deletion of Messages or any failure to store, receive or deliver Messages in a timely manner or any other matter relating to Messages.
13. You agree to use the Message Boards in accordance with the following Community Rules:
13.1 Member Names will be failed if they:
13.1.1 Contain website or email addresses
13.1.2 Contain contact information i.e. phone numbers, postcodes etc
13.1.3 Appear to impersonate someone else
13.1.4 Contain swear words or are otherwise objectionable
13.2 AAAN reserves the right to fail messages which:
13.2.1 Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
13.2.2 Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
13.2.3 Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
13.2.4 Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
13.2.5 Advertise products or services for profit or gain
13.2.6 Are seen to impersonate someone else
13.2.7 Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
13.2.8 Are written in anything other than English
13.2.9 Contain links to other websites which break our Editorial Guidelines
13.2.10 Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
13.2.11 Are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times
13.2.12 Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
AAAN welcomes feedback, both positive and negative, about its programmes and services but please make sure your comments are in line with the above Community Rules. Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments about individual members of the public or people who work for AAAN may be considered harassment. We reserve the right to remove such messages and take action against those responsible.
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
13.3 Safety: We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
13.4 About the law:
13.4.1 You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the Site Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
13.4.2 Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
13.4.3 You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
13.4.4 The views expressed in the Site Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of AAAN.
13.5 If You are under 18:
13.5.1 Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any the Site discussion.
13.5.2 Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
13.1 If you breach these Terms and Conditions:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in the Site Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Site Community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Site, and AAAN considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, AAAN may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
AAAN reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
14. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the Site then the latter shall prevail.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, for any reason in our sole discretion, to change the terms of this agreement. We will post or display notices of changes on the Site and we may also e-mail you about these changes. Once we post them on the Site, these changes become effective immediately and if you use the Site after they become effective it will signify your agreement to be bound by the changes. You should check back frequently and review the terms and conditions of this agreement regularly so you are aware of the most current rights and obligations that apply to you and the terms and conditions of your agreement with us.
17. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
As part of AAAN’s commitment to ensuring the Site is one You want to visit time and time again AAAN welcomes your comments on any of the policies or rules set out above. To contact AAAN please use the Feedback Form on the Site